Monday, March 8, 2010

Rohit Week 9

A couple weeks ago I watched a video interview with Andy Park a concept artist working on God of War 3. I found this interview very insightful because it showed me the working process of a concept artist. After watching the video I was able to understand the process a little bit better and it gave me some questions that I been keeping at the back of my head as my group moves with our concept. One of the most important questions I have realized is asking ourselves whether or not our brilliant ideas fit within the context of the game. The idea can be cool but in no way relates to the concept so we cannot put it in the game. Also, in the interview Andy talks about having a story for every character even grunts because it helps him design the character. I thought this was very relevant to the class since we have been dealing with our character bibles. This was very helpful because it made me realize that everybody in the game has a purpose and a story. I realized that having these details in mind is very helpful when coming up with character designs for our game.

Here is the link if anybody wants to watch the interview:
http://www.cgchannel.com/2010/02/andy-park-on-god-of-war-3/

No comments:

Post a Comment