Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kelsey Sharpe--Technically Week 10, But Here's to Week 9!

As we head into finals week and the arrival of our presentation, I've been trying to talk to as many different people as possible about my group's game and some problems that we've been having. I think that getting the opinions of lots of different individuals has been extremely helpful, and it can be very encouraging to hear somebody who hasn't been as invested in the game as I have been tell me that they would be interested in playing.

To anybody who is nervous about the presentation, I would suggest finding two friends--one who plays video games, one who doesn't--and explaining the game to them. In my experience the gamer friend will have good questions about gameplay and whether certain ideas about the character will translate to a feasible in-game experience, and the non-gamer friend will have questions about story. It's a good way to find holes in the game, and to build up confidence that you really know the ins-and-outs of your game for Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment