Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ichha Arora #7

So our concept focuses heavily on narrative (which is the whole point of the class anyways) but this makes things extremely difficult sometimes. Keeping track of all of these different characters while still keeping true to our initial goal of and purpose of our story is proving a difficult task. Our story we have finally decided is going to focus on whether perfection is something to strive for or whether the world really is better with chaos. I know my opinion: that without chaos there is no passion, and a passionless world is not one that I would want to live in.
The issue though for us I think is getting the point across to everyone else, making it matter to our audience which ultimately is going to be the game player. How to make them care I think is the biggest question of them all. And it seems it will be the hardest to answer.
Many great authors and storytellers begin their own works in confusion so I guess its nothing to be worried about that none of our characters are solidified yet, that they all just seem cookie cutter, well not entirely cookie cutter but close enough that I'm sure their stories have been told before. I don't think this is something to be worried about though, since there has to be a reason for these stories to get retold anyways. And I guess there really must be a reason why we were all drawn to them in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment