Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Michelle Neumann - Week 7ish

So i think yesterday our group had a mini breakthough, which is super exciting. As Kelsey addressed earlier, we were having a problem with finding the "so what" factor. I for one really like our game, but I too was having an issue with--why am i playing this/whats the point. It only took one idea really, but that one idea totally brought everything together, so i'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together now.

As for other video game issues, I've been trying to play at least a new game every week. I mean if i were taking a film class i'd be watching movies, so even though it is completely out of my comfort zone, i've been trying out different games. So far I've played Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Bayonetta, Silent Hil, Uncharted 2, Dead Space, and last week Ghostbusters. Btw, the fact that almost all the original actors did the voice overs is so cool.

I think this has really helped me in understanding how to utilize game mechanics as well as storyline ideas. For me, i am definitly drawn more to a 3rd person game. 1st person shooters just aren't my thing--probably because i like the cinematic feel found in watching from afar.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment