Monday, March 1, 2010

Roni - Week 8 - a frustrating creative process

Going into today's class, I feel a little trepidation about our group discussion. I like my fellow group members, and think we're all creative people; unfortunately I feel like the last few times we've met as a group, we always take one step forward, one step backward. Perhaps this is all very well-and-good for group dynamics when it comes to the creative process (as a whole), but at the same time I do find it a little frustrating. I'm repeating a little of what John and Ellen said in their most recent posts, so my apologies for being repetitive. But I think this just emphasizes that as a group we feel like we're floundering a little.

I'm not trying to diminish the work we do as a group, because we do manage to come up with some interesting ideas and make steps in the right direction, which is always exciting. However, we find our selves having to step back and re-evaluate previous decisions just as frequently as we make progress. Perhaps in this academic setting, it is more frustrating because we are nearing the end of the quarter and we collectively feel like we only have a partial idea. And dealing with a large group, it also feels like we are not always on the same page with each other.

But here's to continuing on with determination and a desire to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment